– The best thing about Freelance Private Tutors – Most of them are experienced teachers with flexible schedules.
– The worst thing about Freelance Private Tutors – High hourly rates and dependability. Because they are not held accountable by anyone, they set their own rules.
– One piece of advice – Ask for (and check!) any potential tutor's employment resume, tutoring references, and copy of a background check.
– The best thing about Learning Centers – Convenient locations and immediate enrollment.
– The worst thing about Learning Centers – Convenient locations and immediate enrollment. This is a double-edged sword. Competiton among centers is fierce and they have well developed sales methods. Take the time to make an informed decision before signing anything.
– One piece of advice – Do not sign a long term contract before knowing without hesitation the amount of tutoring your child needs. You should request a trial period to determine how effective their program will be for your student.
– The best thing about Online Tutoring Services – You can get help almost instantly, at any time of day or night.
– The worst thing about Online Tutoring Services – Each time your student logs in they receive a different tutor. Having a new tutor each time is like starting over. The student and tutor need time to establish exactly what the student needs help with, review the materials, and develop a rapport... all before any true learning can take place.
– One piece of advice – Most services offer a trial, take advantage of this to make sure that this newest form of tutoring will really work for your student before you make a commitment.
– The best thing about Private Tutoring Services –You can always find a tutor for your needs and most services want to keep you as a client and will work hard to do so. They specialize in helping you find a tutor that fits your schedule, your grade level and your subject.
– The worst thing about Private Tutoring Services – Because they are privately held, each one sets their own policies on everything from tutor qualifications to billing, ask a lot of questions and read everything before you begin tutoring.
– One piece of advice – Most private tutoring services have a knowledgeable Director or Owner, if you are unsure about something or need specific answers, ask to speak with him or her.